Saturday 16 April 2011

Androids and You (Well, more like Me)

Coming Soon: When I actually have time to sit down and write a full review of the Motorola Atrix
Is it worth the bucks? After I write the review, you'll know!

Quite recently I managed to upgrade from an old Nokia Flip Phone to a new and super sexy Motorola Atrix running the Android OS.
Just a small upgrade right... right?


Shortly after getting my Android, I immediately load it up with Apps, and with glee, I saw that Emulators had made it onto the Android Marketplace! Yay Nostalgia.
Thank you GameBoid, thanks to you I spent the boredom part of my job for these past few days playing Pokemon Red, and likely tearing Gary Oak a new one. This is an actual screenshot using the GameBoid Emulator on the Android.
"ANUS used GUST! SUPER EFFECTIVE!"



If you want a list of the Apps I currently use on my Android, I'll list them here along with the link to actually download them. Hooray for the lazy Internet denizens,
  • Blogger - A blogging app for BlogSpot users.
  • Blogger-droid - Another Blogger app. Never hurts to carry another.
  • Color Flashlight - Turns your phone into a handy flashlight
  • Gearoid - GameGear Emulator
  • 3G Watchdog - A handy app for anyone who has a Bandwidth limit on their plan
  • Advanced Task Killer Free - Killing them apps, great for bandwidth sucking apps
  • Alarm Clock Xtreme Free - Great alarm clock, highly customizable
  • Arcade by Kongregate - Why download games when you can Internet them?
  • Battle.net Mobile Authenticator - For keeping your B.Net Account Super Safe.
  • Dropbox - Great App for streaming your files onto your phone while on any WiFi
  • Emulator ROMs - Downloading roms never was so easy
  • Emulator ROMs Plus - More roms to choose from
  • GameBoid - Gameboy Advanced Emulator, works flawlessly.
  • GBCoid - Gameboy/Color Emulator. Hooray Nostalgia
  • Gensoid - Sega Genesis Emulator. Nice to have
  • Inferno Galaxy - A live wallpaper, looks nice on the Atrix
  • Jewels - For those Bejewelled addicts out there
  • LiveProfile - An alternative texting system, works on Android/Black Berry/iPhone OS
  • Nesoid - Cant get enough of MegaMan2 or Zelda.
  • NYTimes - Daily read of New York times, great for those who already subscribe
  • PS3 Trophies Pro - If your a hardcore PS3 user, you need this. Worth the price.
  • Quadrant Standard - A benchmarking system to test your phones strength.
  • Ringdroid - Lets you edit your songs and use them to create usable ringtones for yourself.
  • ShareMyApps - No explanation needed.
  • Skype - Voice calling chat needs work, but using it to text works great.
  • SNesoid - A super great SNES Emulator.
  • Speed Test - Benchmark your internet speeds on your phone through your WiFi.
  • Steam Mobile - Its PC gaming, Steam. But Mobile, check the stores or your friends.
  • Talk To Me Classic - Reads out your phones notifications, calls, emails, etc.
  • TalkToMe - Its google translate with a creepy robotic voice, Perfect for picking up chick
  • Tetris - I can't stay away from tetris, can you?
  • Timesheet - Lets me track my work hours, plus how much I get paid.
  • Translate - Language translator
  • Twitter - An app for Twittering. Self explanatory.
  • Useless Facts - Who doesn't like reading useless facts with a group of mates?
  • WhatsApp - Another alternative SMS program. IMO the best around so far
  • Winamp - A better way to listen to music than the default player on the Atrix

So that's my App list on my Motorola Atrix, using the Google Android OS.  I might start posting my personal reviews for Android Apps, if there's anyone wanting to read once in a while of course.

On another note, a new video has been released by DICE, the makers responsible for Battlefield - Bad Company 2 and various other and older games in the Battlefield Series. You can watch it here:

Tell me what you think! Recommend any apps? Want me to review any? Let me know, leave a comment or E-Mail me.

1 comment:

  1. So many apps! So jealous! Is it Android 2.2? Or 2.3 (Gingerbread)? Great review bro!

    ReplyDelete